Green Russian w/ Mids Pot

squirrels
Would it be easy to add a mids pot to the existing Green Russian vero?

Here is the layout: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-2_MVdQ_Y1mM/UNST7A98FPI/AAAAAAAAD3E/2JbKO2Z7wkM/s1600/EHX+Green+Russian+Big+Muff+V7+1994.png

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Re: Green Russian w/ Mids Pot

Ciaran Haslett
Have you a link to the mids pot schematic?

Re: Green Russian w/ Mids Pot

Silver Blues
Not quite a "mids pot" in the traditional sense but you could try this for the cost of one pot and some value changes?

Re: Green Russian w/ Mids Pot

squirrels
Ciaran,  I don't have a schematic. I was just wondering if anyone may have added one. Honestly, I wanted to add one just to use an old enclosure that was drilled for four pot holes.

Silver Blues, that is similar to what the Black Arts Pharaoh uses, no?

Re: Green Russian w/ Mids Pot

Marbles
I just finished a Earthbound Supercollider, which is basically a muff with some mods and a mids control. Would this work?

http://www.bigmuffpage.com/images/schematics/Supercollider%20Big%20Muff%20Schematic.jpg

Re: Green Russian w/ Mids Pot

Ciaran Haslett
Cheers Marbles.

Comparing the 2 it doesn't look so easy to modify the Green Russian layout squirrels posted.  Probably simpler to start a new one I reckon.

Re: Green Russian w/ Mids Pot

squirrels
It's really not too big a deal. I thought it may just be a matter of swapping a cap and changing a resistor to a pot.

Re: Green Russian w/ Mids Pot

personally i don't like any of the mids pots i've used on a lot of the modded muffs, but the mids switch i fee does wonders. i was thinking, why not do a cap blend in place of the venerable mids switch.

Re: Green Russian w/ Mids Pot

Zanius
Here are two perf/pcb layouts for russian green, the second one has the mid pot mod.

http://effectslayouts.blogspot.gr/2015/01/ehx-big-muff-green-russian.html?m=0

Re: Green Russian w/ Mids Pot

Silver Blues
@Squirrels I think so. But Rocket has a good idea with the cap blend, the mid switch that we put in all our Muffs is a really great addition.

Re: Green Russian w/ Mids Pot

squirrels
I'm using a switch now and it does work very well but I thought I'd like to have a little more control over it, like in the LSTR. I haven't been building too much lately so I was looking for something little to do and get back into it. I tried adding a cap blend to a Fuzz Face and it didn't work out to well but I thought it worked great in the Doomidrive.

Re: Green Russian w/ Mids Pot

if you're happy with the mid pot of the LSTR, which is a muff variant like the pharaoh, why not look at the schematic and make the changes to the russian green muff? i've got a real pharaoh, and while it's nice, i find the mids pot to be less useful/impactful as the mids switch. which is why i prefer the mids switch.

silver - i'm sure it's not a new idea, but i tend to have some good ones every now and again. travis has heard so many that usually start off with "i have a stupid idea, what do you think about....." usually he tells me they're great, but i never do anything about them. so many circuit ideas i should actually work on that never do. one day.... lol

Re: Green Russian w/ Mids Pot

squirrels
Makes sense. Definitely a good idea. Thanks Zach.

Re: Green Russian w/ Mids Pot

Sphere80
pasted some tone stacks from KitRae's site.  I was going to also recommend the Supercollider if you like the Green Russian with more control. If you want to mod an existing pedal, then a mid switch that makes the scoop a little less drastic,  yet not fully flat is a good way to go.

Re: Green Russian w/ Mids Pot

Silver Blues
Ah yes, Kit Rae's site is definitely a great resource for everything Muff-related.

@rocket yeah definitely haha, one day you're just gonna toss together a bunch of things and make the next big famous circuit

Re: Green Russian w/ Mids Pot