Greetings!

Suzukiscottie
Greetings!

Long time lurker checking in!

Been away from pedal building for a very long time (life, work, other stuff, blah blah blah :-)).

Now getting back into the swing of things again; gradually building up my stock of parts (thanks Tayda coupon thread!), getting a small man-cave set up in a small office at the back of my garage (house used to belong to an architect who worked from home, so a nice little office with workbenches, aircon, natural daylight etc).

Anyways, I won't prattle on...... :-)

Hi everyone !!

Scott (Scotsman in Melbourne, Australia)

A rusty guitarist using the following...
Gibson SG standard 2013
Gibson LP studio 2003
Laney Klipp 100 1970-something

Re: Greetings!

GuitarGas
Hey Scott, i'm pretty new here myself but I saw you are from Aussie, so am I. Gold Coast.
Sounds like a cool little set up you have mate
Jeremy

Re: Greetings!

Welcome guys!  We're all about the DIY pedal building here.

Re: Greetings!

Re: Greetings!

Welcome!

Laney Klipp? Nice!

Re: Greetings!

Suzukiscottie
Thanks for the welcome messages! :-)

Yeah the Laney Klipp was bought with my own pocket money when I was 16 in 1986. At a time when 70's Laneys were not fashionable and everone wanted a Marshall stack just to play in a band with your mates. I couldnt afford a used Marshall, so I traded in a Vox 50 combo, and a few quid, and I got the Klipp and a Fender Bassman 4x12. It was MASSIVE!! A few years later I broke up the cab cos it was just too big and clumsy. :-(

I've got a nice Laney 4x12 now, not sure of its age, beige cloth front. The Klipp does need a service though, still on it's original tubes and original electrolytics. I only ever use it occasionally when I take it into work on a Friday night sometimes when theres nobody else around in the industrial estate. It's insanely loud.

Re: Greetings!

moda
And i would like to say a big HI! as well. Like others, long time lurker! Happy building folks.

Re: Greetings!

Frank_NH
Always great to have newcomers.  Questions and contributions welcomed, and we're all pretty friendly here too.

Re: Greetings!

Welcome man. Always nice to see first posts and to see the community growing. Also, you realize this means we hope to see you more often out of the shadows.