Ground lift switch

kirshman
I've built several of these excellent active di boxes by freppo.  There are a few instances playing live gigs where a lift switch would be excellent though.  I've had to switch to a different box sometimes to remove ticking.   If I wired the pin 1 out of the board to the center position of a spdt on on and the actual pin 1 of the xlr jack on one of the sides.  Would this give me the ground lift switch?   If not, how can I achieve this?

Re: Ground lift switch

Muadzin
I did this some time ago, making a sort of DI box with a Condor cab sim and a balanced signal out, with phase reversal and ground lift switches. I can't remember though how I did the wiring, I'd have to screw it open again tonight. But I think it was as simple as putting a SPDT switch on the ground wire going to the ground lug of the XLR connector. I'll try and check it to be sure.

Re: Ground lift switch

kirshman
That'd be great.  All three pins for the xlr are fed of this board though.  Pin 1 is ground correct?

Re: Ground lift switch

Muadzin
It was as I thought. Ground signal from the board to center lug of an SPDT on/on switch, then to XLR 1 from one of the outer lugs.

kirshman wrote
That'd be great.  All three pins for the xlr are fed of this board though.  Pin 1 is ground correct?
That's what the internet says.

If you want a phase reversal switch as well, just use a DPDT on/on switch.

1 4
2 5
3 6

Wired as such: