Guitar PCB Tone Tweq

anders
Alright, Sphere80 requested this 3 band active equalizer. Seems to be a good addition to pair with your favorite dirtboxes.

Schematic HERE

Re: Guitar PCB Tone Tweq

Sphere80
Thanks, Anders!  This is a 3 band Baxandall eq that you can use a standalone pedal, or place in any fuzz/drive circuit at the very end.  I'm going to try this on a Fuzz Face.  Research Baxandall eq's and you can make value substitutions depending on what frequencies you want to accentuate.

 You can also use it before your amp like the Mad Professor Evolution, where dipping the mids "cleans up" the tone.

Re: Guitar PCB Tone Tweq

fx-fidden
Is it verified?
I build pedals

Re: Guitar PCB Tone Tweq

Mulekicker
This is killer. I was gonna try the hm2 eq after a silicon tonebender but I may try this instead.

Re: Guitar PCB Tone Tweq

kelnz
Yep, I can verify this.
I used a JRC4558 opamp as didn't have TL072. Have thus far only used it directly into my Blackstar HT1R amp, works great. Thanks for the layout Anders!

Re: Guitar PCB Tone Tweq

fx-fidden
I tried to build something like this, but non exactly this. I used a op-amp stage booster and copied the eq part of this project. Bass and treble worked ok, but mid control had really poorly effective, though I tried several caps and resistors values.
So, your mid control works drastically?
I build pedals

Re: Guitar PCB Tone Tweq

Sphere80
  Besides this, I have a couple  pedals with 3 band Baxandall. In all, the mid control is more for  fine tuning  after you've done the main shaping with treble and bass.

  Most Baxandall type pedals I've used don't even have the midrange control.     Start with mids flat and try to get a scopped or  fat tone with the treble and bass first. The mid control is pretty ineractive.

 Fx-fidden, you may prefer something with fully indpendent active bands instead.

Re: Guitar PCB Tone Tweq

fx-fidden
The mid control I included in my personal eq is the same of schematic of the Guitar PCB Tone Tweq and it's quite useless. Though I saw a demo of "Iketara-Iku" another kind of circuit similar to the Tone Tweq and the mid control was fine.
I build pedals