Guitar to MIDI converter

Freppo
Here's a fun one that lets you connect your guitar to your old synths and rock out

Original thread: http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=80030.0

It's not the easiest projects since it requires a special chip, hardware programmer, software and code. But it's not that hard either. I borrowed a pickit2 interface/programmer from a friend and finished it the same day without any earlier experience with this stuff. :)

More info and code here

/ Freppo
check out my building blog at www.parasitstudio.se

Re: Guitar to MIDI converter

Awesome.  I'm into my MIDI stuff but really because I'm a rack guy and MIDI controlled relay loops for pedals in a rack tray are by far my favourite control method.

Re: Guitar to MIDI converter

negativefx
Nice!  Now to wire all this up into a Muse-like kaosspad guitar.  I already routed out a body and have the kaosspad on hand.  Been sitting in the closet for years.  :)

Re: Guitar to MIDI converter

tjdracz
Looks cool, would be nice to plug my guitar into my yamaha keyboard and do some tubular bells sound :)
Anyone in the UK with pickit who could program the chip for me? Not keen on buying one just for one off use

Re: Guitar to MIDI converter

Freppo
Mark, that's cool! Do you have any MIDI switching layouts/code ect to share? :)

Negativefx, great idea! :)
I thought about putting the MIDI converter in an old crap-guitar I have.. hmm..

I figured that I might aswell get the most out of my pickit...
so i've done another layout for a tap tempo tremolo with 8 different waveshapes.
I will post that one as soon as I have verified it :)

Then next up might be a PIC tuner and a tap tempo delay...

I wish I could help with preprogrammed chips for anyone that wants them..
But I don't have enought time. Spare time is rare :/
check out my building blog at www.parasitstudio.se