HAO Rust Ride Bass overdrive with Gain Control

HAO Rust Ride Bass overdrive with Gain Control

johnk
This post was updated on .
I drew this one up using Mark's Rust Drive layout but changed the values to make it a Rust Rude, plus I added a gain control for more versatility. I also found the stock hi-cut switch to be way too dark so I posted my values along with the original's. I built and tested it today so it's VERIFIED .

Re: HAO Rust Ride Bass overdrive with Gain Control

Freppo
Great work John!
I really liked the rustdriver (modded mine with a gaincontrol aswell and different cap values, agree that the stock values are way too dark) and been looking for a nice bass overdrive. Will give this one a go! :)

cheers
/ Fredrik
check out my building blog at www.parasitstudio.se

Re: HAO Rust Ride Bass overdrive with Gain Control

nicowaddle
What's the Output, please ? Volume 2 ?

Re: HAO Rust Ride Bass overdrive with Gain Control

johnk
yes.

Re: HAO Rust Ride Bass overdrive with Gain Control

Snare227
Hey John,

I've been looking for a couple nice pedals to build for a bass player buddy that don't have a lot of low end loss.  An overdrive and a fuzz would be great.  I'm thinking about the Green Russian for the fuzz because I've seen a lot of people suggest that as a good bass fuzz.  How is this Rust Ride as an overdrive?  Is there a lot of low end loss or have you tweaked the values for that?  I know you've made nearly a million pedals so if you could point me in a good direction that would be great.  Thanks!

Re: HAO Rust Ride Bass overdrive with Gain Control

Beaker
Have a look at the "Best BMP for bass / mods?" post on page 2.

http://guitar-fx-layouts.42897.x6.nabble.com/Best-BMP-for-Bass-Mods-tp6768.html

It has John's variant on the Catalinbread Manx Loaghtan - a Green Russian Big Muff with Baxandal tone control.

It ROCKS!

IMO, the rust ride and the sole pressure make great bass overdrives, with no mods other than the gain controls

Re: HAO Rust Ride Bass overdrive with Gain Control

Snare227
Time to hit the work bench soon then.  Thanks!