Happy New Year and 2015

Re: Happy New Year and 2015

Hahaha. I wish I had as many as he does. While I have a lot, there is good reason, but I seem to suffer from the fear that they'll all be gone and I'll be out, so I keep grabbing them when there's a deal. I'm developing quite the hoard like mark. Lol

And don't get me started on builds for next year. I got a lot and I mean a lot planned.

Re: Happy New Year and 2015

dbat69
Hee heee - I hear ya on that one bud - I seem to be so late to the party and missed all the good deals on parts.  I'm still trying to get a good stash together so I can try as many builds as I like.  Mark must have a warehouse somewhere for his hoard.

Lets hope 2015 is a good year for builds (I just hope I have the time)

Re: Happy New Year and 2015

Silver Blues
Happy New Year everyone

Re: Happy New Year and 2015

ξεναγος νεκροπολης
happy new year guys!!!
i'm still drunk but i want to say that:
building effects (for one year now)was the best gift (after reading books), i've ever done to my self.you know... for the free relaxing hours!
this thing keept me cool in many difficult situations.
thanks you all guys! especially Mark and Miro.

sometimes i feel like if someone will put us all together in an electronics laboratory, we will look like so happy, like 5years old children in a kindergarten!!!
not to many people will understand that...making your one pedal...pure happiness!

anyway...love you all!
keep on soldering!

Re: Happy New Year and 2015

Happy New Year everybody, and thanks for all of the fun in 2014!

So like a few others here I still need to build a Janglebox :P
My favorite builds of 2014:

#1 Lovetone Meatball. This pedal rules. It has too many knobs but the effects loop makes it amazing to use with other pedals

#2 Mutron Phasor II. Once I got this beast working properly it sounds so sweet. I love this phaser

#3 Fuzz Face. I bought a lot of transistors in 2014 and learned a lot about building the Fuzz Face. I made a bunch of them and love this circuit. I can now breadboard or build this circuit from memory haha

#4 DAM FZ-673. This fuzz rules. It's got that primal fuzz sound but with more saturation and sustain than my jerms FZ-1 or FZ-1A. It sounds awesome, and was a triumphant build for me after a lot of frustration with the MKI

#5 Silver Klon. What is there to say. As a boost or light OD this is a super usable pedal. It's been a mainstay on my board

And I would include the Grease Box on that list, but I just built it on the 30th so it seems weird. It may be the most usable all Ge fuzz I've ever tried in a live context :0
12