Happy birthday to me!

Re: Happy birthday to me!

tjdracz

Re: Happy birthday to me!

Beaker
Is this the right time to show one of these?

I have one and it sounds even better than it looks!

Re: Happy birthday to me!

Silver Blues
Fender's done a limited-run semi-hollow Jazz Bass before, I'm certain... I think it was a MIJ and it looked really nice. Can't seem to find it now...

Re: Happy birthday to me!

tjdracz
Beaker wrote
Is this the right time to show one of these?

I have one and it sounds even better than it looks!
That's a lovely one! Would love one of them DiPinto Galaxie 4 guitars. I love the idea of 4 pickups. There's no sonic benefit to it, it's just them offbeat Japanese manufacturers going like "Fender is making guitars with 3 pickups, let's make ours with 4!".
And I'm a sucker for lots of switches and options, that's why I love my Jag and don't really get why so many people just replace them with simple 3-way.
http://cheesyguitars.com/stella.html - look at this though!

Stereo out with fader, two SPLIT pickups, hi-pass filters... you name it. I would love to have something like that. I was once thinking of getting some of them cigarbox guitar pickups with three poles and making a split pickups for my strat. I quite like the idea of bass strings played on neck pickup and treble ones played on bridge. Yeah...

Re: Happy birthday to me!

tjdracz
Actually them soviet axes are made like tanks. I was reading a book about Russian post-punk scene (sadly, only available in Polish at this time) and there was a funny anecdote about Soviet music festival. The Russian punks were trying to be like their British heroes and in example of "The Who" mode they tried to trash their Soviet-mode Ural guitars (http://cheesyguitars.com/ural.html) but after 15 minutes and no visible damage to the instrument (but some to the wooden floor in the hall they've played in), they just gave up :D

Re: Happy birthday to me!

Mmmmmm.....4 pickup guitar.........
What about doing a 4 humbuger version?

Of course there was a limited run, and here I thought I was onto something........

Well I guess I'll just have to do a Flying V bass instead

Oh, there's a store near me that has DiPinto, and they are sooooooo nice to play and sound fantastic. Plus I love the silly style and colors of a bunch of ther guitars.

Re: Happy birthday to me!

tjdracz
4 humbuckers? Nothing new, Nigel Tufnel had that for ages!

And you can be sure that it goes to 11!

Re: Happy birthday to me!

Re: Happy birthday to me!

Chris60601