Having trouble understanding double links.

Having trouble understanding double links.

Mjones1992
Hey guys. Totally new here. I've built a couple of pedals using your layouts (totally new to the whole thing but the smile on my face when that first one worked was priceless. I'm totally hooked).

So I've got my Fuzz pedals sorted, but now I'm looking at an echo. I'm really loving the way that demo of the Cave Dweller sounds, but the whole "double link" thing is totally stumping me.

What do I do there? Do I run the link to the first double link, run a link from that to the second double link, and then run a link from the second to the other side of the link? That would make the most sense, I guess, but I'm an extremely low budget and I wanted to make sure before I order parts and potentially have to re-order parts because I screwed it up.

Totally sorry if this has been asked before (I tried the search bar, but I didn't find anything relevant) or if this is the wrong place to post this.

Thanks :)

Re: Having trouble understanding double links.

ramonbee

Re: Having trouble understanding double links.

Mjones1992 wrote
So I've got my Fuzz pedals sorted
That's what you think.  Give it a few weeks and see if you feel the same!

Re: Having trouble understanding double links.

Frank_NH
I use solid core wire for my links (24 gauge I think), and to make it easier to put two wires in the vero hole, I slightly enlarge the hole with a 1/16" drill bit, making sure there's enough copper trace to solder to (never a problem).  But if you just use slightly thinner wire, two wires should go into the double link hole without too much effort.

Re: Having trouble understanding double links.

Mjones1992
Ah cool. Thanks for the help guys! I get it now :) Sounds like I'll be giving Tayda a little bit more business next week ;)

@IvIark: Ok, I can admit that there's already about 12 other fuzzes I wanna build now that I've built 2.

Back when I was flipping pedals, there were a lot that I had to sell because I wasn't using them (but I still liked them) and situations where I had to decide between one or the other. Now that I can just build all of them, I'm a pretty happy camper :)

I built a Roger Mayer Axis Fuzz and a Roger Mayer Octavia over the past two weeks. I think after I build the Cave Dweller and maybe try out that Cardinal by 1776effects, I'll be building a Super Fuzz and a Hoof (god I miss that one!). Any recommendations for what else I should be looking at?