Headphone distribution

Chris mudd
HELP,
I bought a peavey headphone distributor used only to find out if has a couple of blown resistors.
I only made it worse by trying to solder new ones in. Now I just want to start from scratch.
My daughter and I are recording this winter, could someone please make a vero version of this?

Help?

Re: Headphone distribution

Neil mcNasty
This post was updated on .
Making a vero for this is basically a waste of parts/vero.
Wire it Point To Point!
Like this:

- It should be noted that: the mono function on this, is actually not proper mono, since the switch sends the left channel from the input, to both L and R outputs.
In other words: you do not hear the Right side of the input signal in "Mono Mode", only the left...

-Also: the total volume will decrease as you plug in more headphones. This is due to the fact that it is a passive splitter and the increased load you get as you plug in more and more headphones.

BUT: this is a great unit for splitting the headphone signal at the source, and then add a Headphone Amp at the end of each output.
This will give each Headphone/Person their own (Headphone) Volume Control. Which is nice!

Thanks for posting this schematic!
I'm gonna build this myself.
But with a better Mono switch that actually gives you the whole mix, instead of just one side.
Like this:

- Cheers!