Hello and Need Some Suggestions on Keeley Compressor

Hello and Need Some Suggestions on Keeley Compressor

BrianS
Hi.  I just started building on vero a couple of weeks ago.  I have built quite a few pedals with pcbs (Madbean, GuitarPCB, and the lists goes on).  I have been successful on all but one of the vero builds (I think Im at 6 now) and I sure its something I've done but just haven't taken the time to fix it. I put together a Keeley 4 Knob today and it works but I'm not getting the Volume I would think it should have.  All my parts are in the correct place and value.  I've reflowed all the areas where I had a drastic volume change and like I said it works.  Is this just the nature of this or is there something I can do to boost the volume level?  Since this is my first cry for help here I'm not exactly sure if I am doing this right and following the set procedure, pictures, voltages, etc.....  Thanks, Brian

If I'm not asking in the right place can someone lend a hand and tell me.

Re: Hello and Need Some Suggestions on Keeley Compressor

scimitar
I built one a while ago and I'm pretty sure unity gain is at about 12:00 on the volume control so plenty of volume, is the clipping control working? This boosts the volume before the compression so affects the overall volume (as well as the point the compression starts - knee?).