Help. Same sound, no boost.

syamilaliff
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Help. Same sound, no boost.

Zanius
If your wiring is exactly as you draw it, then your circuit isn't really connected to ground :)
All "grounds" must communicate through wiring or case.

Re: Help. Same sound, no boost.

syamilaliff
Zanius wrote
If your wiring is exactly as you draw it, then your circuit isn't really connected to ground :)
All "grounds" must communicate through wiring or case.
Hi Zanius,

Do you notice any ground that I miss?
If u don't mind, can you point out any mistake from the drawing for me
cause I've been finding the fault for 3 hours

Is it a good thing that I've got the sound?
Meaning that the circuit is soldered properly?

Sorry this is my first time building pedal.

Re: Help. Same sound, no boost.

Zanius
I'm saying that the two grey wires on your drawing should be connected to each other. Don't know if that's the problem to start with, many things can go wrong on your first build.

Some clear pictures of what you have would be very helpful, board and wiring. :)

Re: Help. Same sound, no boost.

syamilaliff
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Help. Same sound, no boost.

Zanius
Yeap. The idea is that everything marked "ground" should connect to each other, to the casing through the jacks and of course to the power supply.

Re: Help. Same sound, no boost.

syamilaliff
Zanius wrote
Yeap. The idea is that everything marked "ground" should connect to each other, to the casing through the jacks and of course to the power supply.
Alright. Will try again tomorrow. I'll update again tomorrow.

Thanks Zanius!

Re: Help. Same sound, no boost.

Hozy31
The Offboard tab above shows how the wiring should be done if you are unsure and if you want to add an LED
"Red velvet lines the black box"

Re: Help. Same sound, no boost.

syamilaliff
Hozy31 wrote
The Offboard tab above shows how the wiring should be done if you are unsure and if you want to add an LED
Hi Hozy,

From what I understand, that is for true bypass and I need to add a toggle switch to select buffer or boost to switch them to buffer or boost.

The one I'm doing is buffer when off and boost when on.

Re: Help. Same sound, no boost.

syamilaliff
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Help. Same sound, no boost.

Zanius
Man, just connect those two black wires together. You are currently connecting your board "ground" to nothing. It needs to be connected to the power supply.

Re: Help. Same sound, no boost.

syamilaliff
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Help. Same sound, no boost.

Pivetta
It seems to me you used the stripboard in the wrong way, vertical strips instead of horizontal. Input and output are just short together. But I might be wrong. I've never used that type of board.

Re: Help. Same sound, no boost.

syamilaliff
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Help. Same sound, no boost.

Pivetta
You can use the board if you have some left. Flip it 90 degrees. Just cut it so as the rows are connected toghether and not the columns. If you are not sure about the orientation use a tester to check continuity.
Forgive me if I'm not clear, but my english is a little bit rusty.