Help finding solution for splitter and volume cut

Help finding solution for splitter and volume cut

nunonaos
I need a pedal that spilts the signal into two outs:
-one out without any modification (through out)
-and the other with a volume cut feature.

Can i build this without any kind of buffer? Can you help me? 🙂

If i need a buffer with volume control witch one would you recomend? i just need something clean so it changes the volume out of my ebs valve drive but doesn't change it's tone.

Thank you!

Re: Help finding solution for splitter and volume cut

induction
Will you use both outputs at the same time, or always either one or the other?

Re: Help finding solution for splitter and volume cut

nunonaos
Hello,
both at the same time.

i'm aware that i can put a volume pot in one of the jacks (making a passive volume cut) but i'm afraid it afects the other jack because the other jack will allways "see" a resistance to ground equal to the max resistance of the pot, am I right?

Re: Help finding solution for splitter and volume cut

induction
Yes. To use both signals at the same time, you'll need a buffer.

Any buffer will do. You can just build a buffer in a box with two outputs. The signal from the input jack goes directly to output 1, and also to a buffer that feeds into a 10k volume pot (log or lin, up to you) to output 2. This should leave the tone of the direct signal completely unaffected. The tone of the buffered path may change, but probably not (depends on external factors).

You can also add an on/off switch to either or both outputs if you like.

Re: Help finding solution for splitter and volume cut

nunonaos
Thank you,

i'll do that, I was thinking I had to put a pot controling the gain of the buffer, didn't think to put a pot just to lower the volume after the buffer lol

thanks again