Help me with my maths...

alex.s
I was putting together a small order on rapid for a couple parts I'd like to have in pretty soon and this is what my basket looked like after adding a few bits and pieces...

Scrolled down the prices until I noticed the VAT was half the total and more than the price of the components?! Refreshed over and over, removed and added stuff, re refreshed... nothing... What the hell?!

Ever happened to you guys?

Re: Help me with my maths...

JaviCAP
Administrator
Maybe Rajoy's  planning a visit to  the UK and VAT has been raised automatically as he gets near.

Get ready some envelopes too!

Re: Help me with my maths...

Milkit
Woah!  That's fuct up.

You know I never calculate what vat I'm paying, I just look at it &.........

Will do in future now though!

I know their site does goof up every now & again, I'm sure if you phoned your order through they'd correct it dude!
It's better to have it & not need it, than to need it & not have it!

Re: Help me with my maths...

PStevenson
if you spend over £40 you don't pay delivery with them. the price of stuff drops when you buy more too.
last time I got those 470pf caps for example I got 1000 for £3.20

they get cheap when you try to save up all you need for bigger orders + you don't pay that £5 delivery

as for the VAT, well you can blame that shithead we have as a prime minister for that one
www.paulinthelab.com - Stripboard Layouts

Re: Help me with my maths...

Seems quite reasonable compared to petrol

Re: Help me with my maths...

Jon the Art Guy
I think my last order had a shipping price of $3.65USD on a $20USD order. I'm totally fine with that, as when I was recently ordering a soldering station and accessories from Amazon, I ended up ordering the station alone, as the tips, wick and solder's delivery costs were 70% of a $50 final total. I'm gonna be hunting around on foot for the others, I guess.

Re: Help me with my maths...

Jon the Art Guy
oh, and $12.95 delivery on a pair of $6 flush-cut snips. F--k that.

Re: Help me with my maths...

alex.s
It seems it was indeed a case of their website being goofy. Went back on it later an the basked became empty (it usually saves any item in it for pretty much forever) and upon re-entering the same items plus a few more it did charge the right prices.

That said, I went to the BitsBox website, purchased the same items and invested the £3.20 I saved on the rapid postage in quite a few BC550C and BC549C. Muffy goodness ahead!