Help with Drumfire DF500 schematic

cylens
hey there,

I'm planning to build individual DF500 (nice signal-triggered analog drum synth) modules and I've just finished making a vero for the main board BUT I have no idea what the diodes are... Zeners?

Here's a link to the page featuring infos: pictures of PCB and schematics

http://freestompboxes.org/members/uzzfay/web.archive.org/web/20120313025329/http_/members.fortunecity.com/uzzfay/drumfire/df.html

thanks in advance

Re: Help with Drumfire DF500 schematic

Neil mcNasty
They are Zener Diodes!
Not Silicon!
Not Germanium!
But Zener...
IOW: It's a specific kind of diodes.

They have specified voltages and is (kind of) used as a simple "voltage regulator",
meaning that a 9.1v Zener diode only conducts 9,1 volts when fed by a higher voltage.
They are also used as static charge protection in some Mosfet circuits (like the SHO)

You'll find Zener diode kits with a bunch of different values on ebay...

Re: Help with Drumfire DF500 schematic

cylens
thanks!

yup, my question was quite poorly phrased... I was suspecting that they were Zeners and I have quite a few of them, but I really don't know how to determine the voltage, based on schematic... I quite don't understand what they're doing... creating the envelope, I guess...

Re: Help with Drumfire DF500 schematic

cylens
in the end, they appeared to be 1n4148s....

Re: Help with Drumfire DF500 schematic

M. Spencer
Can you post your vero? My old band mate had one of the originals and would not part with it! Love to build one for myself!

Re: Help with Drumfire DF500 schematic

PMowdes
M. Spencer wrote
I'd be interested to.  Cheers

Re: Help with Drumfire DF500 schematic

cylens
I just made one pass of verification, and had to move a few things, I'll "clean" the vero (2 veros, actually) and post it in the Contributions section (unverified, for now, waiting for the ICs and transistors).

If you refer to the schematics in the link above, I just did the 1st Board. and didn't include the pan control and send to mixer board (I'll use a mixing desk)

My plan is to have PCBs built if everything turns OK