Help with HPF Preamp

Longer713
Hi guys!

I'm building my first project from this page which is HPF Preamp.
I used 2x 2N5458 transistors instead of 2N4416. Effect is silent. Only I can hear pops while taking off and putting in 2N4403.

Do you have aby idea how to check what's wrong? Any voltages? I plugged my Stratocaster into it, don't have a bass as I build it for my friend.

Re: Help with HPF Preamp

induction
The pinouts of 2N4416 and 2N5458 are different. Did you twist the legs?

2N4416:

2N5458:

Re: Help with HPF Preamp

Also I don't know if it was a typo maybe, but 2N5458 and 2N4416 are both N-channel JFETs while the 2N4403 is a PNP BJT. If you're putting 4403 in there I'm not surprised it doesn't work