Help with Paul Cochrane Timmy please!

Zeus11
Hi guys

Using the third layout from here:

http://tagboardeffects.blogspot.com/2012/03/paul-cochrane-timmy.html

Parts list is here, althought had to order a few extras as the kit doesn't fit the third schematic:

https://www.bitsbox.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=280_281&products_id=2046

See images here:

https://imgur.com/a/UPSJIcd

Sorry for the state of the guts, this is my first build (yes I know I'm a dumbass for picking the timmy to start with).

True bypass works fine but only when the DC power is unplugged. When DC is plugged in, true bypass stops working (everything is just dead), then when switched on there is a buzzing noise, the tone of which is affected by the pots and clipping switch. Only part that actually works is the LED.

Can anyone help me out? I know it's a bit of a state on the inside, I made some bad layout choices (mistakes have been learned from here). Even if anyone can give me a ballpark for likely issues it'd be helpful as I have no clue where to start debugging!

Re: Help with Paul Cochrane Timmy please!

Zanius
Hey there!
A straight-up problem visible from the first image is that you wired your jacks wrong! You gotta wire the lugs the other way around. As seen in the photos the top lug should be the tip and the side lug connected to the ground :)

Try swapping those first and we'll take it from there! Rest of your build seems ok,  your soldering is pretty bad for now but probably nothing that should prevent conductivity! Keep soldering, you'll be good in no time! :D

Re: Help with Paul Cochrane Timmy please!

Marbles
Thanks Zanius ;)