Help with a Dual OD pedal

tideluva
Hi all,
I am the proud owner of a Mojo Hand Odessa (Rook and Magpie - TS style and Bluesbreaker).  I have sent the pedal back to them to get a problem fixed and it is going through the same issues.  They are super in that they are going to replace it but are awaiting boards for it to come in (within a few weeks since this hasn't officially hit the open market yet).
Here's the deal, the Bluesbreaker side when initially engaged after powerup has a sputtery farty sound.  When the pedal finally "settles" it sounds amazing but it is still anoying.  After it settles I can toggle it on and off all night with no problems.  If I remove the power supply cable and plug it back in the issue is there again until it settles.  All the connections look good and the Rook side is not experiencing any issues whatsoever (powered by the same cable).  The power supply is a Voodoo Labs Pedal Power 2+.  Any suggestions?
Thanks for any help.
I realize I can just wait until I can send it back but I don't have another overdrive at the moment and the curiosity in me just wants to know.

Re: Help with a Dual OD pedal

Frank_NH
Interesting issue.  Without a schematic it will be hard to diagnose, but I would guess that perhaps they built these units with a giant 1000 uF power filter capacitor and it takes some time to charge up.  If you could take some photos of the insides that would help.

Re: Help with a Dual OD pedal

tideluva
I hope this works:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7z9elsggtxihz0v/AABMVumg7zcM3UVo09BpD3e6a?dl=0

If not let me know and I will try something else