Help with a vintage electra 500D

D$

Help with a vintage electra 500D

D$
Hey Guys, I'm not sure if anyone can help me with this but i figured I would give it a shot. This is not a problem with a layout from this site. I have an old Electra 500D distortion pedal a friend gave me. Someone had attempted to "fix it " before I got it and it has never worked. I connected it to my breadboard and tried to figure out how to reconnect all of the wires but I wasn't able to get it working.
It has a SPDT footswitch so im guessing it has some sort of transistor switching I am not familiar with.
I took some pictures of the front and back of the circuit board. If anyone can help me out I would appreciate it. I know its not a great pedal but I would like to get it working again if possible. Thanks!
 D$

D$

Re: Help with a vintage electra 500D

D$
Damn! Those pics are huge!

Re: Help with a vintage electra 500D

Frank_NH
What doesn't work on it?  Bad switch?  Switches on but no effect?  Sound but no distortion?

For starters I would:

(1) Attach it to a 9V battery or other power supply.
(2) Measure and record the voltages for the op amp and all of the transistors in the audio path.

You might also want to reflow every solder joint first before powering it up.

Let us know what you find.
D$

Re: Help with a vintage electra 500D

D$
Hey Frank, Thanks for the response. I’m pretty sure the circuit will worK if I can get it hooked up correctly. I’m just not sure where the loose wires go. Three probably go to the switch and one to input and output. 9v and ground go somewhere and something probably needs to go to the pot that only has one wire going to it. I don’t think there is anything wrong with the actual circuit.
D$

Re: Help with a vintage electra 500D

D$
Well, after some more researching I found some pics on the internet of a Volz distortion that I believe is just a rebranded Electra 500D. I think I might be able to figure out the wiring based on the pics.

Re: Help with a vintage electra 500D

thesourceandthesound
Hey are you still needing help on this project? Because, oddly enough, I am a huge fan of Electra pedals. I bought two of the 500D's, and took one completely apart, checked all the component values on a multimeter, and literally just finished re-soldering the board back together last night. I am at work right now, but I can get you a diagram if you are still in need!

Re: Help with a vintage electra 500D

Shaker
Hi sourceandsound,
Well, I am in the process of resurrecting an electra500D pedal so would really need a schematic!
If your offer still stands, would be glad to get it !
Let me know,
Regards!