Help with the ground and supervise my Woolly circuit.

Help with the ground and supervise my Woolly circuit.

Juneau23
Hi there guys. I'm just building my first pedal and I choose to start with a easy and noisy one. The holly woolly mammoth. Mounting the vero circuit was quite easy but I really been struggling with the offboard wiring and trying to figure out where the ground wires should go. I've been trying different layouts and configurations but the pedal refuses to work so I decided to post it here and look for some advise and supervision of any experienced builder before quit.

Layouts I'm working with:

http://tagboardeffects.blogspot.co.uk/2011/02/zvex-woolly-mammoth-vero.html

http://tagboardeffects.blogspot.co.uk/2012/02/offboard-wiring.html

And this is what I've got, I tried to use the same color pattern with the wires:

Where should I connect the ground coming out of the potentiometers?

Apart from that what could be wrong in my circuit?

Many thanks in advance guys.

Re: Help with the ground and supervise my Woolly circuit.

hey bro. first and foremost welcome. as odd as it may sound the woolly mammoth isn't really that easy of a build, especially due to the large number of pots for the offboard.

in any event, i took a quick look at your wiring and it looks fine. to answer you question about where the ground wires from the pots go it's much easier then you may think or realize. just attach them to the jacks. in fact you can actually connect the ground from the wool pot and run it to lug 1 of the output, then have one wire going to one of the jacks.

when it comes to understanding circuits and building grounding is one of the easiest and most over looked concepts that always gives people hangups. think about it like this, all your grounds are going to your enclosure, this is due to the jacks. you know how your jacks are metal, and you have a ground lug on the jack? and since all your grounds are connected, if you need to run a ground, just put in on the jack and you're golden.