Here we go again...

Southcity1983
So ladies and gentlemen, I am at my wits end with this pedal. This is my first build, I thought it was going to be a super simple build...WRONG!

I first built this on a breadboard, works excellent, all the potentiometers, input and output, work perfectly. Now, when I hook up the potentiometers and the input/output to the veroboard I get only a clean boost, no fuzz what so ever, it's as if that part of the circuit doesn't work. I have checked for any solder bridges and they are clean, I took and razor knife in between the rails just to be sure. I'm using a very clean veroboard and new solder.

If you look at the schematic of the veroboard the Transistor legs are backwards, I am aware of this and have it hooked up per the document sheet. Like I said, it works on the breadboard perfectly fine.

I plan on hooking this up to a 3dpt switch that's why there's so many grounds. I have hooked the negative of the battery terminal to the negative side of the breadboard, so that's where all my grounds are. All of the parts resistors, caps, etc. are not hooked up to either of the hot or ground on the breadboard, they are just there so I don't have to keep taking them off and on.

I have included as many pictures.

Re: Here we go again...

It's hard to tell, but I think the problem may be your soldering on the board. Hard to tell in the photo but I see possible solder bridges, a lead that appears to not be soldered at all, and possible cold joints

Try flowing a small amount of fresh solder on the joints, but be careful not to have solder bridging together parallel tracks. You may need to run a knife or small file between the strips to clear out potential bridges

Re: Here we go again...

Southcity1983
Thanks for the help, I start summer break here in a few weeks. I'll take another crack at it then. As for now I'm going to let this one be...i'm not quite ready to fold them, though I've been holding them long enough.