Hey everyone

El_Diablo572
New to the forum, thought best to introduce myself, this is my first post, and first build, so i'm reasonably confident there will be a few more to come!!

 Not sure if this is the right place to post this so i'll go ahead and i'm sure it'll be moved to the relavent place...

I bought a pedal kit recently which appears to be very comprehensive (minus the 1/4 jacks) EXCEPT something to make jumpers from.

Can anybody suggest a suitable, good quality material for this purpose? My first thought was just some regular sleeved wire bit since it's the first part of the build i thought best to get advice first and start as i mean to go on.

Pretty simple, and probably a bit of a n00b question, but i'm pretty new to electronics, thanks everyone.

Re: Hey everyone

Zanius
Welcome and get ready to get addicted

You can use anything for a jumper! For small links you can use the wire part you snip off your resistors/diodes. For bigger links you will have to use wire, stranded or even better solid. Someone said they used 0 ohms resistors, but I haven't come across any of those yet.

Extra thought: it may not be easy to find 0 ohms resistors but I guess it wouldn't have an impact if you use 1ohm resistors you can get anywhere, right? I have to admit, jumpers kinda mess up the neatness of a board for me.

Re: Hey everyone

El_Diablo572
I think i'll just stick with the tried and true...

I wont reveal anything just yet, not the sort of person to do things by half, i opted to make things ridiculously difficult for myself with a custom enclosure, i think i've already bitten off more than i can chew here... But it's safe to say i've already got the bug!!