Hi I came by a bunch of Mitsubushi 5218 op-amps,does anyone have any knowlege of them?

Hi I came by a bunch of Mitsubushi 5218 op-amps,does anyone have any knowlege of them?

myron tataryn

Re: Hi I came by a bunch of Mitsubushi 5218 op-amps,does anyone have any knowlege of them?

PEPPER!
It looks like it's a pin-for-pin match and roughly comparable in specs to the 4558 series.  They are considered obsolete for high-end audio purposes but are a workhorse op amp that you'll see in a ton of classic pedals.  The Boss OD-1, Ibanez TS9, Orange Squeezer, and late 70s Big Muff come to mind.

Re: Hi I came by a bunch of Mitsubushi 5218 op-amps,does anyone have any knowlege of them?

mr-nad
just been going back through old posts on here and this one jumped at me. i salvaged a ton of these from a few old denon home cinema amps that had died on me. glad to know some of my scavenging will go to good use!!