Hi, how should I wire this in?

Highsmith
I've got a FY-6 that needs more output, can anyone advise me as to the best way to wire in the LBP with trimmer:

http://tagboardeffects.blogspot.com/2013/01/electro-harmonix-lpb1-with-trimmer.html

Thanks!

Re: Hi, how should I wire this in?

FY-6 output > LPB input. LPB output is the new effect output

Re: Hi, how should I wire this in?

Highsmith
Just as I suspected, thanks.

Re: Hi, how should I wire this in?

traktop
Do you find that lpb1 colours the signal?
Wouldn't something like the amz booster be better for a transparent boost?

Re: Hi, how should I wire this in?

Traktop in my opinion they will all color the sound somewhat but an AMZ or SHO type booster have the advantage of variable gain.

So if you don’t need the max gain of the LPB, the AMZ or SHO can potentially offer lower noise and distortion

Re: Hi, how should I wire this in?

Highsmith
I soldered in the LPB and the volume of the pedal has increased with no discernible change in tone.

However, the pedal will no longer pass clean signal unless it's plugged in (I don't use batteries).

Does this mean I'm no longer true bypass?

Re: Hi, how should I wire this in?

traktop
Highsmith wrote
I soldered in the LPB and the volume of the pedal has increased with no discernible change in tone.
That´s nice to hear. The other day I tried a lpb1 and the tone change was very obvious.

Regarding to the true bypass thing, press the stompswitch once.
You just probably have the switch set on the "effect" path.