Holy shit

dexxyy
While making up an order for Tayde in readiness for their next discount code I took a quick look at my account history. Since April last year I've given them $1,787.21  considering I buy footswitches, enclosures, jacks, hook up wire and vero elsewhere along with other shit Tayda don't stock then that's a fair old wedge. Please tell me I'm not alone spending that kind of cash on this hobby.
If it wasn't for this website I would definitely have a life.

Re: Holy shit

Silver Blues
LOL! No you're not alone. I don't keep track of my spending at all but I'm sure it's a LOT. (I have a lot of salvaged components for fah-REE though so it's not too bad, but...) First pedal I built (a Muff) I spent $20 on pots (full-sized Alpha solid-shafts) local, and $9 on a footswitch  Never again. $0.89 for a cap I can handle, a difference of $16 I can't. I can get pots for the next ten builds with that!

Re: Holy shit

GoranP
Wow... I wish I had that kind of money to spend on this hobby... heck, I wish I had that kind of money to spend on anything.

S'all good, though... you could easily have shoved it up your nose or your veins and I'm not sure you'd have as much fun.

Re: Holy shit

alltrax74
dexxyy, is this only a hobby or are you also selling your pedals ?

Re: Holy shit

JaviCAP
I prefer not to track my spending either, I'm afraid that my heart would just fail after knowing the money spent.

Luckily, I sell many pedals, so, this hobby is finally free for me, and I can make some money.

The new glassess for my older son, are being paid with this money..... and we're talking about a very special glassess (he's 50% blind) that cost about 700 euros, and we have to change glassess twice every year, so this hobby, has finally become a blessing at home :))

BR

Re: Holy shit

That's nice to hear Javi

I don't want to know how much I've spent and have no intention of trying to find out

Re: Holy shit

Dave
Same here. I keep thinking, if I sell enough pedals eventually I'll break even....the trouble is parting with any of them lol
Thanks
Dave

Re: Holy shit

Madferret
So long as I can still pay the bills I'm happy not to know but I'm sure it's in the hundreds of pounds. That said I spent £1,300 on 2 camera lenses in a week once so at least it's not the worst hobby addiction I've had.

Re: Holy shit

That's the way I look at it too.  My previous hobbies were astronomical telescopes (I probably spent 5 times more just on eyepieces than I've spent on electronics, never mind the telescopes) and Silver Age Marvel comics, so whatever I buy now it's a damn sight less than I used to!

Re: Holy shit

Heath
When I read the first post, I was like "Damn, hahaha..." and then I went and checked my own spending at Tayda.  Now I'm just like "Damn...!"

Add that to my Ebay spending, some Smallbear stuff, and a shitload spent at Mammoth Electronics and I'm thinking I need a support group.