Hoof Reaper Clone - Volume on Hoof side does not work, Tentacle Octave sucks volume

Hoof Reaper Clone - Volume on Hoof side does not work, Tentacle Octave sucks volume

airvian
Hey guys!

I've just done my first project - A Hoof Reaper (I know, quite a bit of soldering and trying to get it all to fit for a first DIY pedal build). Now I've got two problems: the Volume of the Hoof side doesn't really go to zero (not even close to zero), so I can't really control the Output level at all and it basically only goes from loud to really really loud. The other problem I have is that the Octave drains a lot of volume when activated, as in I gotta dime the amp to get a normal volume sound out of it (the effect sounds great though, so it works, it just drains volume). What could be causing these problems? I am really quite clueless as to what kind of faults I should be looking for. I had to troubleshoot the Hoof side because it completely cut all the signal, but I didn't find any fault then, it just worked again after I resoldered the transistors (which were fine, I checked them), so that was probably just a cold connection. The circuits in question are: https://tagboardeffects.blogspot.com/2014/03/earthquaker-devices-hoof-fuzz.html (for the Hoof side) and https://tagboardeffects.blogspot.com/2016/11/earthquaker-devices-tentacle.html (for the Tentacle octave).

Thanks!

Re: Hoof Reaper Clone - Volume on Hoof side does not work, Tentacle Octave sucks volume

Sounds like lug 1 of the Hoof volume pot is not properly grounded and the octave portion probably has some build error

There is a note at the top of the debugging section with some guidelines that you should follow to post a debugging thread here