Hornby Skewes Zonk Machine

dexxyy
Last night the Mrs caught me looking at THIS PORN which of course culminated in threats of divorce if she ever caught me looking at anything like that again. Tonight I cheered myself up by drawing up this layout for the Zonk Machine, stick it in a box with the  Hornby Skewes treble booster HERE and you have your very own shatterbox. Ok, so Q1 is unobtainium and there is little to no info on Hfe and leakage of the original germs so the chances of getting an exact replica are pretty slim but............ you can experiment with whichever pnp germs you`ve got, find something that sounds really good to your ears and comfort yourself with the fact that you didn`t have to cough up anything like 6,000 bucks for it
If it wasn't for this website I would definitely have a life.

Re: Hornby Skewes Zonk Machine

dexxyy
And apparently this effect likes low gain, quite leaky pnp`s
If it wasn't for this website I would definitely have a life.

Re: Hornby Skewes Zonk Machine

iggy
nice work. have you tried building this? Might have to add to the growing list of circuits to build. got enough leaky low hfe germs. thanks EvilBay.

Re: Hornby Skewes Zonk Machine

Very cool.  Add a negative voltage inverter, then it can be a negative ground effect

Oops, forgot to add that, guess I`m thinking most folk would know.

I used to assume that, until lots of people kept asking

Yep, and I was probably 1 of them
If it wasn't for this website I would definitely have a life.

Re: Hornby Skewes Zonk Machine

adapt
i did a layout for the actual shatterbox w/voltage converter, but its on my work computer. if it's still there tomorrow i'll post it