How do I know if a circuit is phase inverting and what blend circuit to use with it?

How do I know if a circuit is phase inverting and what blend circuit to use with it?

GrooveChampion
Well, the question is in the title. Basically I am asking this because I read that the split n blend doesnt work with the Ross style comps cos they are phase inverting and I figured Dual OPamp + 5 trannis = an odd number of stages which means phase inversion and the Split n Blend has 2 stages, correct me if I am wrong

Re: How do I know if a circuit is phase inverting and what blend circuit to use with it?

induction
Pretty close. Some stages invert and some don't. Figure out which are which, and do your analysis with only the stages that invert.

Re: How do I know if a circuit is phase inverting and what blend circuit to use with it?

GrooveChampion
Yeah. but how?

Re: How do I know if a circuit is phase inverting and what blend circuit to use with it?

induction
Memorize the basic building blocks. We only use a few common amplifier stages in 95% of our pedals.

Common emitter amplifiers, common source amplifiers, and inverting op-amp stages all invert polarity.
Common collector amplifiers, common drain amplifiers, and non-inverting op-amp stages leave polarity alone.

If you see an amplification stage that isn't familiar, you can always sim it to see if it inverts. You don't have to sim the whole circuit, just the isolated gain stage or other subcircuit.