How to lower a 5k rev pot to 1k pot | Fulltone 70

How to lower a 5k rev pot to 1k pot | Fulltone 70

boratto
The project Fulltone 70 http://tagboardeffects.blogspot.com.br/2013/02/fulltone-70.html asks for a 1k Rev Log Pot, and i got a 5k Rev. I searched and found that is possible lower the value of a pot two questions, sorry consider i am a noob:

1. What resistor value will do the job?
2. What lugs must be linked with the resistor?

Re: How to lower a 5k rev pot to 1k pot | Fulltone 70

induction
You can attach a 1.2K resistor from lug 1 to lug 3. That will get you pretty close without changing the taper.

Resistors in parallel: R = R1*R2/(R1+R2),
so R1 = R*R2/(R2-R) = 1k*5k/(5k-1k) = 1.25k

A 1.2k resistor will give you 968R total.

A 1.5k resistor will give 1.15k total.

Either will be fine. The only difference will be the amount of fuzz at minimum setting, which probably won't be noticeable anyway.

Alternatively, you can just use a 1k linear pot. The gain variation will be more bunched up at the high end of the pot, but lots of people leave that pot permanently at max and use their guitar volume knob to control the amount of fuzz, so the taper doesn't matter much.

Re: How to lower a 5k rev pot to 1k pot | Fulltone 70

boratto
Many Thanks induction, you HELPED ME A LOT! I wanna try the 1k2 resistor from lug 1 to lug 3.