How to wire the switch of a 1/4 Jack socket ?

How to wire the switch of a 1/4 Jack socket ?

eve-the-frog
Hi,

This is a noob question, but I didn't find any answer on Google...

I want to build an "AB 2" pedal : one "in", two "out", I choose which "out" to use when pressing the footswitch.
Here is the wiring diagram i found :

The difference is that I want to use a 9V battery instead of a DC socket.
But in that case, one LED will always be ON (I don't want to add a power switch) and the battery won't last very long...

I was wondering how I can use the switch included on a 1/4 audio jack socket to switch off and on the power from the battery.

Here is the socket I'll use :

With this system the switch is OFF when I plug a jack in it. What I want to do is turning OFF the power when no jack is inserted and turning it ON when jack is inserted.

How can I do that ?

Re: How to wire the switch of a 1/4 Jack socket ?

You would use a stereo jack with the battery - connected to the ring as usual. Look at any offboard wiring with a battery and let me know if you have any further questions

Re: How to wire the switch of a 1/4 Jack socket ?

eve-the-frog
Seems hard to find an offboard wiring using battery these days...

Do you have one ?

Re: How to wire the switch of a 1/4 Jack socket ?

http://www.generalguitargadgets.com/pdf/ggg_sw_battery.pdf

Take notice of the fact that this is using a stereo jack, not a switching jack