How would i wire up this pedal for a dc jack? (-9v PNP)

How would i wire up this pedal for a dc jack? (-9v PNP)

equatorjbl
I built the Sola Sound Tone Bender MkIII found here:
https://tagboardeffects.blogspot.com/2012/04/sola-sound-tone-bender-mkiii-3-knob.html

Im just a little confused on how to wire it up for a dc jack since it has -9v. This is the first -9v pedal i've built. Do i just reverse the positive and negative wires on the dc jack? and if so would i use a center positive power supply or  a center negative (boss style) power supply.

Thanks!

Re: How would i wire up this pedal for a dc jack? (-9v PNP)

- lug on the jack (usually the biggest one) goes to -9V in the board

Connect the + lug to ground.

If using a battery connect the red wire to the switching lug of the DC jack

Do not daisy chain with “negative ground” pedals or you will short out your power supply

Re: How would i wire up this pedal for a dc jack? (-9v PNP)

equatorjbl
Great, thanks man!

So i can  use a center negative power supply as long as i dont daisy chain it?

Re: How would i wire up this pedal for a dc jack? (-9v PNP)

Yes you certainly can.

You can use this with other normal pedals etc in the audio chain, just don’t share power supplies between positive ground and negative ground pedals

Awesome, thanks so much for clearing that up Travis!

Re: How would i wire up this pedal for a dc jack? (-9v PNP)

equatorjbl
Hey, while i have you can i ask one more thing?

I have a 1spot power supply that has isolated power. It also came with a polarity conversion cable. When would i use the reverse polarity cable?

Re: How would i wire up this pedal for a dc jack? (-9v PNP)

You would use that if you have a center positive pedal

This is not necessarily related to “positive or negative ground” but how the DC jack is wired.

Re: How would i wire up this pedal for a dc jack? (-9v PNP)

equatorjbl
Great, i think i understand now. I really appreciate you taking the time to help me!