Huzzle & Cuzz Fuzz (modified Roland Double Beat)

Huzzle & Cuzz Fuzz (modified Roland Double Beat)

SpaceCommandant
I’ve used Neil McNasty’s layout in the contributions section. It works and sounds fantastic except for a strange phenomenon: if I strum super hard/loud, the pedal’s volume drops till it’s totally silent, as though the circuit has been overloaded. If I touch the Gate of the leftmost Jfet (the AMZ miniboost section), it springs back to life! Any ideas how to solve this?

Re: Huzzle & Cuzz Fuzz (modified Roland Double Beat)

Are you using a socket?

Re: Huzzle & Cuzz Fuzz (modified Roland Double Beat)

SpaceCommandant
They’re soldered in. It’s so strange because it’s so consistent: after about five hard strums the signal dies and immediately starts up as I touch the jfet on the solder joint. Everything else about this pedal works perfectly.

Re: Huzzle & Cuzz Fuzz (modified Roland Double Beat)

tempo
Did you ever get this fixed? (Or has anyone else actually built this successfully?) I'm interested in this build, but am hesitant to dive in since it doesn't appear to be verified.

Thanks!

Re: Huzzle & Cuzz Fuzz (modified Roland Double Beat)

SpaceCommandant
I was going to try to bypass the miniboost section entirely but never got around to it. I'd be curious to hear how yours works if you build it.