I'm new to building GFX

Re: I'm new to building GFX

jimcolmn

Hi Mark

Thanks for the previous info, I have double checked board layout and all connections but will enclose pics for scrutiny.  I understand this might seem daft but can you tell me if the power supply for the Heartthrob Tremolo is 9 Volts DC or AC and what ampage should it be and is this a standard supply for all / most of the "Bitsbox" projects please

Regards
Jim

Re: I'm new to building GFX

jimcolmn
Hi Mark, I tried to send some pic of the heart throb project that I am working on but I think I tried sending them through email this has obviously not worked so I will try using the forum.  I have rechecked all connections, cleaned the board using tooth brush and checked all soldered joints with a jewelers eye glass and I can't see anything wrong with it. once I had rechecked the board I connected it up and I'm still getting a massive buzzing coming through.  I have tried connecting both a 9volt AC and DC power supply to the HTTremolo.... same result both times. please see attached pictures, hope you can help.

regards Jim

Re: I'm new to building GFX

PMowdes

Looks like you might have made the same mistake I made with my first pedal.

Negative (ground) goes to the pin on the power and and positive goes to the sleeve.  You want a 9v DC supply.

Check the polarity of your LED, the negative (flat) side should going towards the switch and the positive side should run down from DC jack.

Also worth checking the polarity of the battery if you are using a battery snap,  for some reason I have to swap the wires round on the snap before anything would work.

Re: I'm new to building GFX

PMowdes
I found this useful, it was somewhere else on the forum but I forget who to credit.

I might suggest that the offboard layout on the home page gets updated to include polarity and pin layout for the dc jack.

Re: I'm new to building GFX

vid.sicious
Brighton, UK here! The bohemian dream city....perfect atmosphere for building stompboxes! Welcome abroad, man ;)
aka Dead Eye
12