I need help with blinking tremolo light

evildead222
I just built a colorsound tremolo it works fine but i can't get the blinking LED to work right. I hooked one wire and a 1.5k resister from the collector of Q3 to the flat side of the LED. and i hooked the rounded side of the LED to +9v. It blinks but it doesn't turn off when i turn the pedal off.  Anyone know how to fix this?

Re: I need help with blinking tremolo light

borntwisted
That might be intentional, so you can see and set the speed visually without the pedal being engaged, handy for when playing live I should imagine.

Re: I need help with blinking tremolo light

Rolf Poti
It works perfectly then, but you could wire the led so it only blinks when pedal is engaged if you would hook the led up to the footswitch. Just look at the offboard wiring and replace the usual (9v + resistor) with (Circuit led + resistor).

hope it helps

Re: I need help with blinking tremolo light

toddvirgil
I think most circuits are still running power when in bypass -- bypass wiring usually only switches on/off the in/out and the LED power. So you'll have to run that LED through your 3pdt as well. Do you have an LED for bypass too, or just this one?

Re: I need help with blinking tremolo light

evildead222
i only have this one LED

Re: I need help with blinking tremolo light

toddvirgil
Wierd, I didn't see the other responses before posting mine, woops! yeah, so just take it through the third pole on a 3pdt like you normally would.

Re: I need help with blinking tremolo light

evildead222
i have one side of the LED connected to 9v and the other to the collector of Q3 it blinks but how do i connect it to the 3pdt footswitch

Re: I need help with blinking tremolo light

toddvirgil
I think you should be able to take the LED (+) to center lug of 3PDT, then take the engaged side of the pole to your 9V source and leave the other lug empty, thus breaking the connection when it is disengaged.

Re: I need help with blinking tremolo light

Rolf Poti

Open this post in a new window. It should help you

Im not sure if you should use the current limiting resistor

Re: I need help with blinking tremolo light

Surgeon
Why don't you wire your indicator led (hooked to the FS) that same way? Doing so, it'd blink only when the pedal is engaged... maybe I'm oversimplifying the process a bit but that's what I did with my EA trem and it works perfectly.