I think I've been lucky today (G&L Asat Classic Premium)

I think I've been lucky today (G&L Asat Classic Premium)

JaviCAP
Hello!

I think that I've been lucky today. When walking this morning to the bank office, I took a look to a near second-hand shop, and did see on the  window a G&L Asat Classic Tribute series  in walnut satin finish priced €400.

I did come in to the shop and  asked to take a closer look. Nearly mint, built in 2009 (Indonesia) and with a Seymour Duncan Hot Rails on bridge.

The guitar did play  quite well, and talking with the seller, I told him that I liked it, but had to check the real new price to see, as I remembered that the Tribute Series were not really expensive.

So with my smartphone, we (the merchant and me) did take a look to Thomman site, and I've found:

http://www.thomann.de/es/gl_tribute_asat_classic_bluesboy.htm

and told him: "Hey man, you should be wrong with the model, this is the real price, €340, just the color is different, you must be wrong.. or crazy to ask such a price". The merchat looked ashamed, and told he would call to his  boss and inform him about if I was still interested in the guitar. I said OK, and five minutes later, the seller returns, and tells me that they don't really know anything about guitars, and  that if I was still interested, they would hear my best offer. I offered €220, taking in mind that just the Hot Rails pup is about €80.

Thinkig that the boss would send me to hell for such a low offer, I was shocked when he tells me: "If you're willing to pay €240 it's done, and we'll include a soft case" Okkkkkk, new guitar for me :) (you never have enough ones :P)

Thinking: not a bad deal: a soft case is about €15, and I needed one, the SD Hot Rails is about €80, and the guitar is in nearly mint condition, so the price is well under €200.

But when I came home, I took a look to eBay and several other webs and my guitar is.....:

http://www.ebay.es/itm/G-L-E-Gitarre-Tribute-Asat-Classic-Premium-ACP-WS-RW-Walnuss-Satin-/131326590584?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_77&hash=item1e93acbe78

€565 +shippin, nearly €600 total, and with a cool SD + soft case :))))))

Some days I feel really lucky :)

A bad pic, will take some others later:

Re: I think I've been lucky today (G&L Asat Classic Premium)

Exactly the one I wanted!

I'll give you €240 for it

Re: I think I've been lucky today (G&L Asat Classic Premium)

piltdownman
Beautiful.  Rosewood like George Harrison's Tele?
Keith

Re: I think I've been lucky today (G&L Asat Classic Premium)

JaviCAP
€240 included shippin? :P  If I sell it some day, you'll be the first to know, no problem :)

Yeah, it's rosewood . Both my Teles (this one and a Fender Telecaster Custom HH) have rosewod fretboard, someday I'll buy a tele with a maple one.

Anyway, with this walnut finish, the rosewood looks way better :)

J.

Re: I think I've been lucky today (G&L Asat Classic Premium)

Hey, that looks like mine!!! Lol. Nice score man. i sold my fender tele to get an American asat classic just like it. Those tributes are such a great value, and a lot of people don't seem to know about them. Sounds great overdriven, and I love it with my muffs. Normally sounds like a tele on steroids . I hope you like it as much as I love mine, definitely my favorite.

Re: I think I've been lucky today (G&L Asat Classic Premium)

dbat69
Javi, that is one beautiful looking guitar.  I love the colour and finish.  You've made an incredible score.
I quite fancy a tele myself, I'll beat Mark - I'll up his offer by 10

Re: I think I've been lucky today (G&L Asat Classic Premium)

alex.s
Lucky bugger! :)

Very jealous, great looking guitar!