Ibanez AD-9 double delay daughter board

gul

Ibanez AD-9 double delay daughter board

gul
I was wondering if this one has ever been converted into a vero layout:

http://www.dirk-hendrik.com/ibanez_ad9_memextension.pdf

I just found my old AD-9 at the back of my storage locker and I would love to perform this modification to it. Is anyone game to do a vero layout?

Thanks heaps if somebody does!

Re: Ibanez AD-9 double delay daughter board

nocentelli
Just so I understand correctly - You are looking for a vero layout for a daughterboard that would carry the original 3205, a second additional 3205 and the two trimmers? And you will pull out the original delay chip and run 8 wires (tp1-tp8) from the daughter board to the 8 chip connections on the main board?

If this is the case, are you confident about any other mods might need to make (e.g. do you need to remove the original trimmers from the board - I don't know)?
gul

Re: Ibanez AD-9 double delay daughter board

gul
Thanks for your reply, nocentelli. Yes, I basically wanted to have a vero version of Dirk's board as shown in the photo. Yes, I would pull the existing chip. Instead of running 8 wires, it looks he's he's just added a diving board with the two BBDs (a la Madbean's). I found this information here:

http://www.freestompboxes.org/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=279&hilit=piggyback

The Madbean Aquaboy delay project uses a double delay daughter board that I have used several times for MN3205 chips. I wonder if this same board might work for the AD-9? It has one onboard trimmer, and biases in conjunction with a trimmer on the main board.

I might try to find an AD-9 layout somewhere to build and mess around with this so I don't go hacking up my vintage AD-9 just yet! Just doing the research atm.

Re: Ibanez AD-9 double delay daughter board

nocentelli
This post was updated on .
The aquaboy and ad9 circuits appear to be very similar around the delay chip so I imagine it would work fine. I had just assumed that it would be so the 2 daughterboard trimmers do the output trim for the first chip and bias the second, and the OG board biases the first chip and output trims the second. The madbean daughter board appears not to have an output trimmer and just has mix resistors between the chips.