Ibanez Sonic Distortion Mod Opamp Voltage Problem

Ibanez Sonic Distortion Mod Opamp Voltage Problem

Travis_T
SD-9M Layout
Hey fellas.  I built one of these and I'm getting strange voltages on pins one and two of the first IC.  Everything else seems to be within reason, but here are the voltages for reference:
IC 1: 1: 7.66        8: 8.2
        2: 1.59         7: 4.08
        3: 4.09         6: 4.08
        4: O(ground) 5:4.08

IC 2:  1: 4.08       8: 8.2
         2: 4.08       7: 4.09
         3: 3.75.      6: 4.09
         4: 0(ground)5: 4.09

Q 1: E: 2.39
       B: 2.9
       C: 8.20

Anyone one have any idea where to look to get those two pins right?  The layout looks right as do all of the solder joints.  Thanks in advance!

Re: Ibanez Sonic Distortion Mod Opamp Voltage Problem

ξεναγος νεκροπολης
are your voltages like this wherever your dist pot is set?
you don't get any sound out of it?

Re: Ibanez Sonic Distortion Mod Opamp Voltage Problem

Travis_T
It doesn't seems to affect those two pins.  If the pot is removed, the pins behave the same.  I also removed the 1.2n cap and the 100pF, as well as disconnecting the 470ohm/220nf network and it still was 7.65v on pin one and 1.6 on pin two.  I also removed the 1uf cap; still persisted to have 7 volts on the pin it connected to.

If I lifted the 100k feeding pin 3 on that IC, there was still voltage of 1.5 or so on pins 1,2 and 3.

Things that make you go "hhhhhmmmmm."

Re: Ibanez Sonic Distortion Mod Opamp Voltage Problem

Travis_T
Problem solved.
That's apparently what it reads if you have a bad gain pot!  :-)