Ideal line of progression as beginner

Squiggles333
Hi I'm hoping some experienced folk would recommend some builds on a line of progression.

Ive started with the bazz fuss, then built a coloursound one knob fuzz, an mxr dist +, an acapulco gold and a Tufnell distortion.

I'm wondering what/where I should go next? I suppose my goal is to learn about as many vatients of each effect type as I can.

Ive looked out some of the classic historical fuzz and distortion pedals for my list but am interested in what else I should plan for in this sort of area. I'm saving modulation circuits until I'm more confident with the maths.

What would be a good line of progression from here? What should be my next 5 pedal builds?

Re: Ideal line of progression as beginner

Bolsyo
Some recommendations:

Easy and nice JFET builds: Fairfield Barbershop, Aion Ares (Echoplex preamp).
Muff style fuzz: Triangle or Ram's head versions, Green Russian '94 for more bassy tone.
Phaser: Phase 90 (script/block switch and depth knob are nice mods).
PT2399 delays: EQD Disaster Transport Jr, Deep Blue Delay
Chorus: Boss CE-2.
Compressor: Engineer's Thumb, Keeley 4-knob.
Tubescreamer: Landgraff Dynamic OD, TS808, TS9.
Other overdrives: Bluesbreaker (original/MKI), JHS Morning Glory, Greer Lightspeed, Rockett .45 Caliber.
Distortion: Proco RAT (with clipping switch to choose between stock silicon diodes or LEDs/Turbo RAT).

Re: Ideal line of progression as beginner

rockola
Phase 90 needs 4 matched JFETs, fine if you're willing to hunt for a set (there are sellers out there) but Phase 45 only needs 2.

A simple booster like LPB-1 would be a nice beginner build.