Ideas on improving the parametric EQ?

motterpaul
I just built this layout by John K (originally done by Alex & Frabbio) and it works fine but I have noticed a couple of things I think might be improved:

http://guitar-fx-layouts.42897.x6.nabble.com/file/n12570/001-Trilogic-Parametric.png

How can I get more boost out the mids pot (10k) - a bigger pot or something else?

Also, it seems like audio taper pots on Bass, Mids & Treble would work better, it seems like most of the boost is in the last 10% of the turn.

Finally, the midrange FREQ control could probably be a lower pot, starting with 1M takes makes the corner freq as low as about 100hz. I would think the usable range would start a little higher than that. If you go 500k you take it up to just (about 200 Hz) so I would think about going to 250k and not duplicate the frequencies already controlled by the bass. Thoughts?

Also - does the gain control really do anything?

Also - any thoughts on using a different IC? - TL072s sound a little harsh to my ears.

Re: Ideas on improving the parametric EQ?

Neil mcNasty
Not much to offer, except that if your pot only does something for the last 10% of the turn...
Then you need a C-tapered pot (anti-log), not A (audio-taper). That will just make your problem worse!