Internal power wiring Question.

Re: Internal power wiring Question.

kizzer
So just took a look at the TM79 schematic and not knowing all the much about transformers I'm trying to work out the connection points. Am I in the right ballpark with the connections I've shown below?

Re: Internal power wiring Question.

bowanderror
Based on the transformer datasheet, I had pin 3 as unconnected and the primary load across 2 & 4: https://i.imgur.com/vtOEdlj.png

Re: Internal power wiring Question.

kizzer
That's great, thanks very much!

Re: Internal power wiring Question.

kizzer
Hi again

With that schematic, do the 2N7000's need to have their Gate and Drain linked together?

Re: Internal power wiring Question.

bowanderror
Yes, they're set up as soft clipping diodes (reverse body diode I think), which have much softer clipping characteristics than a typical Si diode.

Re: Internal power wiring Question.

kizzer
Cheers, yeah that's the way I hooked it up in the end, sounds good.
12