Into The Unknown + Baby8 + Hummingbird. See my monster.

Into The Unknown + Baby8 + Hummingbird. See my monster.

kuzieem
This post was updated on .
https://youtu.be/zz5jHaDV59M

Those, who know the traditional version of this effect may want to watch the video from 2.15.

My take of improvement my ol' Parasit Studio project - Into The Unknown analog mono synth.

I'm a big fan of employing Baby8 sequencers to work with envelope filters (have built 3 so far, incl. the favourite Snow White autwah that stays for good in my pedalboard).

Making long story short:
- Into The Unknown was built from PCB, had cv input onboard. Employing the sequencer is a fluent job.
- Hummingbird trem is AFTER the synth, in the same enclosure.
- Synchronizing the speed of seq. and trem:
Good news: I found out how to make sequencer and tremolo sync! This very morning!
Just feed the cable outlet from Hummingbird bipolar transistor Base (middle leg of 2n2646) to Baby8 CD4017 chip (14th leg), unplug the 555 timer as you won't need it now and voila!
Now you control the tremolo and sequencer speed with just one knob!
Enjoy the sound.

Kuzieem

Re: Into The Unknown + Baby8 + Hummingbird. See my monster.

This is just phenomenal. The sound when you turn on the Hummingbird is so cool. What a potent combo and clever implementation. Not only that, I love the visual aesthetic you have created.

This is such good pure DIY work

Re: Into The Unknown + Baby8 + Hummingbird. See my monster.

kuzieem
Thanks for your appreciation. This means a lot to me, as the greatest deal of my DIY knowledge I've grabbed from this website and chat.
Keep solderin' and playin' folks!
Piotr