Inverter Making Other Pedals Whine?

squirrels
I built a Mk.1.5 Tonebender with an inverter using a TC7660S chip and it works great, no noise or anything weird with the pedal itself. However, in the same signal path as my Monolith Oracle, the Oracle whines a little bit. I'm guessing it has something to do with the fact the Oracle is a PNP circuit using a negative ground or possibly the something with the chip? Any idea why and is there anything I could do to remedy the problem without ditching the inverter? Thanks.

Re: Inverter Making Other Pedals Whine?

Neil mcNasty
Try adding a 100nf cap from the power output to ground (parallel with the filter cap) on the voltage inverter.
Sometimes a small cap in parallel with the regular 100uf filter cap helps remove high pitched whine.
I've bought a whole bunch of 100nf ceramic caps for this purpose and I always add one in addition to the regular 100uf filter cap.
Since I started doing that, I have not come across this issue anymore...

Re: Inverter Making Other Pedals Whine?

squirrels
Thanks Neil, I'll try that out.

Thanks again Neil, it worked pretty well as long as the Oracle's pots aren't all the way up. I usually don't have it like that anyway so it works for me. I appreciate the help.

Re: Inverter Making Other Pedals Whine?

Neil mcNasty
Great to hear that it helped!