Is there a TAPLFO based tap tempo delay?

Is there a TAPLFO based tap tempo delay?

GrooveChampion
Well?

Re: Is there a TAPLFO based tap tempo delay?

cylens
what the taplfo (pic microcontroller) provides is a LFO, what a delay "needs" is a resistor value to set its delay time.

you can find the taptation kit (there are other ones) which provide both a microcontroller (the "control" part of the story) and a digital potentiometer.

I've used this: http://uk-electronic.de/onlineshop/product_info.php?cPath=105_195_352&products_id=3099&osCsid=d1e1c397dcb4ce5dbb17c4e38f81b2dd

to modify a Deep Blue Delay, it fits all the PT2399 based delay

Re: Is there a TAPLFO based tap tempo delay?

GrooveChampion
Well now I feel like a dumbass.

So basically I connect this little thing to the 6th pin of the PT and that's it? nice.

Re: Is there a TAPLFO based tap tempo delay?

cylens
hey, no worries...

yeah, it's that simple, but I remember that I had to tweak a resistor, otherwise therer would be discrepancies (it's late, I'm not a native english speaker, i'm drunk, so not sure if "discrepancies" exist...) between the "tapped" tempo and the actual tempo...

Re: Is there a TAPLFO based tap tempo delay?

GrooveChampion
I get that, but it said 1K resistor between the tap tempo input and the 6th lug.

Re: Is there a TAPLFO based tap tempo delay?

cylens
I don't remember the details, but the said resistor sets the max delay time, I guess, and so it adds up with the "computed" resistor. I know that for longer delay times I had too much of a variation between what I was tapping and the delay I got... I tweaked the resistor by ear to find the best solution.