Is there a way to add a display screen to a tap tempo pedal?

Is there a way to add a display screen to a tap tempo pedal?

GrooveChampion
A friend of fine has a the Mooer drum machine that has tap tempo and he asked if its possible to add a display screen that shows the BPM of the device. I searched google for it yet found nothing, is there something anyone is aware of? I mean of course besides things like devices that are ready from Molten Voltage and ETC

Re: Is there a way to add a display screen to a tap tempo pedal?

balazs.bencs
If you do the tap tempo with some sort of microcontroller (for example using the Sabrotone tap tempo code), then maybe if you use something like an Arduino Nano, then it's pretty easy to do these two things in one code.

A simple display with an I2C chip is very easy to hook up (4 wires only) and to code as well. I think something like this is doable, but involves a lot of work with coding / testing / etc...

Re: Is there a way to add a display screen to a tap tempo pedal?

GrooveChampion
I dont want to try my hand with coding, so basically no. I told him to get a Beat Buddy and thats it.