It's only a matter of time

adstrum
I read an article today about a research unit making transistors and ICs with a 3D printer. I immediately extrapolated in my head to 3d-printing entire boards for effects. The cost of 3D printers are coming down pretty rapidly. It could become a reality in not too many years.

Re: It's only a matter of time

Yes my mate has got one which he made from a kit that can make a 3D printer or a CNC depending on what options you go for.  I fancy making the CNC to make PCBs, it's the only method that doesn't seem like too much faffing about for me.

It's amazing what they're suggesting could be possible in the future.

Re: It's only a matter of time

Jederino
I can't wait for 3D printers to make food.

Re: It's only a matter of time

Geiri
I'm using one of these: YouTube link to make PCBs now and I love it!
www.pedalprojects.com
www.facebook.com/pedalprojects

Re: It's only a matter of time

That looks pretty much perfect for what I want, where did you get it and what's involved?

Re: It's only a matter of time

Madferret
That looks awesome, unfortunately I don't have a spare £2k lying around so I think I'll have to stick with vero for now.

Re: It's only a matter of time

GoranP

Same here, MF. I've looked at various diy/kit options and it's always waaaaay more than I could justify spending without seriously compromising my bread and water provisions.

So it's vero for me or a few one-offs at the chinese fab houses if I really wanted a pcb.