JFET Matching

Kinski
I've got a huge favor to ask of someone here. I'm starting to plan a build of the Surfy Bear FET Reverb.
http://surfybear.weebly.com/fet-reverb---project.html

It requires 5 matched 2n5457 FETs. They need to be selected for "Vp: -1.58V, Idss: 3.27mA, +/- 20%"

I don't have the capabilities or the surplus of 2n5457 to do this.
I'd be EXTREMELY grateful (and happily pay) if someone could match these and send them my way (Brooklyn, NYC).

Anyone?

Re: JFET Matching

I haven't had any time to test mind yet, but will gladly try to do it in the upcoming week if no one else can.

Re: JFET Matching

Kinski
Oh man, you would be my hero. In addition to the pay, a round of beer on me next time you head into Brooklyn!

Re: JFET Matching

Kinski
Success! The guy who designed and sells the PCBs said he will sell me the matched JFETs. So I am all good. Thanks so much rocket88 for offering to help me out. Its much appreciated.

The round of beers still stands!

Re: JFET Matching

Frank_NH
Excellent.  Keep us informed on how this project goes.  I saw this about a year ago or so, and it looked cool but I didn't have the resources to build it at the time.

Re: JFET Matching

Kinski
Will do! Gonna place an order for the board soon.

Here is a long thread with some discussion and lots of build pics:
http://surfguitar101.com/forums/topic/24295/

Re: JFET Matching

awesome man. Glad to hear that you're able to get them like that. Still down for the beers, I'll have to make a trip out there soon.

Re: JFET Matching

Kinski
Ordered all the parts for this project. It most likely wont happen, but I'm hoping the parts arrive and I can slap it all together before I leave town for a while next monday.