JFETs Huh! What are they good for?

Beaker
My last package from Bulgaria contained about twenty of each, metal can 2N4392 and 2N4393 N-channel JFETs.

I can find datasheets no problem, but not much talk about what they might be suitable for. Has anyone got any suggestions?

Re: JFETs Huh! What are they good for?

GeGhostRider
I've used the 2N4393 in the Sabbracadabra and they took away the squealing, and sounded really good to my ears.

Re: JFETs Huh! What are they good for?

Yes the 4393 is used in the Catalinbread Sabbra Cadabra as well as the Galileo MKII (in contributions section)

I built the Sabbra Cadabra and it sounds great with the 4393

Re: JFETs Huh! What are they good for?

Beaker
Thanks guys.

Re: JFETs Huh! What are they good for?

dbat69
I really wanted to just say

"Absolutely nothing ... say it again ..."

Nothing like a bit of the BOSS

but, yeah ..

I got some of these for the Sabbra C, need to get the PCB now as I think I'll try and build both versions.
I'll probably get some more of these if they are good.

Re: JFETs Huh! What are they good for?

motterpaul
I just got the PN4393s, I am surprised you got the originals

Re: JFETs Huh! What are they good for?

Ask our Bulgarian friend if he has any more Dbat.