JFet matcher, for Vgs On/Off and Idss

BetterOffShred
109SV.png
Just looks like a great DIY project for when you need the specifics

Re: JFet matcher, for Vgs On/Off and Idss

BetterOffShred
Nobody? ..  I guess I can take a wack at it myself

Re: JFet matcher, for Vgs On/Off and Idss

Alamondm
wish I could help you. Not good at making layouts.

Re: JFet matcher, for Vgs On/Off and Idss

Silver Blues
The JFET matcher is an ancient and established piece of tech around here lol, this site has a layout for one here. The one you linked is slightly different, but I (and many others) can vouch for the one I linked. I built this matcher and a germanium transistor tester into one of those handheld enclosures with a self-contained voltmeter and it's one of my most useful tools.

Re: JFet matcher, for Vgs On/Off and Idss

bowanderror
I am with Silver Blues in that the updated Runoffgroove JFET Matcher is a simpler, well-tested, and reliable circuit. Most JFET spec ranges you'll find in forum posts or build docs are measured using this circuit.

Re: JFet matcher, for Vgs On/Off and Idss

BetterOffShred
Yeah I've been using the greatly improved one for stuff where you don't need all 3 readings, and more of just a match. I have a build that needs pretty specific device ranges and the schematic I linked was specified as the best way to get the right range jfets