JHS Angry Charlie

elbeeuk
Don't know what the feasibility of this is so I'm just gonna ask.
If the effectslayout website has a PCB layout for the above, is anyone able to translate it to a vero layout?

http://effectslayouts.blogspot.co.uk/2017/08/jhs-angry-charlie.html

Cheers guys

Re: JHS Angry Charlie

Teddeeh
I requested this too.
Fyi it is asked to try and include the schematic for requests too. So you may want to link the fsb page as i believe it is there.

Re: JHS Angry Charlie

elbeeuk
Hi mate,
I couldn't find the Angry Charlie schem on FSB or DIYStompBoxes.

I could only find the Charlie Brown pedal. Is the Angry Charlie schematic definitely there?

Cheers
Elbee

Re: JHS Angry Charlie

Ciaran Haslett
No need for a layout.  Just build the MI Audio Crunchbox and add a 100nF cap from Presence 3 to ground

Re: JHS Angry Charlie

elbeeuk
Nice one.
Cheers Ciaran. I'll give it a go ;)

Re: JHS Angry Charlie

balazs.bencs

Re: JHS Angry Charlie

elbeeuk
Cheers Balazs,
I'd seen that one. I just wondered if the original with the bass/mid/treb pots had been vero'd.

Cheers
Liam

On 25 October 2017 at 14:22, balazs.bencs [via Guitar FX Layouts] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Or you can look at the Andy Timmons one: http://tagboardeffects.blogspot.hu/2016/03/madbean-turnabout-jhs-andy-timmons.html

http://guitar-fx-layouts.42897.x6.nabble.com/JHS-Angry-Charlie-tp40315p40324.html
To unsubscribe from JHS Angry Charlie, click here.
NAML

Re: JHS Angry Charlie

Teddeeh
ANy movement on this and the charie brown yet guys? I know peeps always say go to the madbean one but anything? Would be most appreciated indeedily. Doodily.

Re: JHS Angry Charlie

strassercaster
charlei brown is a brown sound in a box 2 i believe. You could also make a wampler pinnacle. You will need a ton of jfets to get the proper voltages, The pinnacle gave me fits till i got the right jfets it is one of my favorites now

Re: JHS Angry Charlie

Teddeeh
Really? I was playing with the pinnicle. Didnt like it. But i was using supposedly the right trannies. But i have now got some geniunes in so i may give it another whirl...

BUT. Its still the specific layouts we are asking if anyone can do. Not a ‘sounds like’ sorta thang.

Re: JHS Angry Charlie

amsterdam
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: JHS Angry Charlie

Teddeeh
Well aware of that fact. Im more interested in the charlie brown but i think what you are saying is miro or mark should have stopped at the big muff. And not done the other variants. No jan ray, or amp11 as we have the timmy. No million variants as we have the sd-1. No king of tone as its a modified bluesbreaker. If its a small value change or additional component the we should ommit it for being too similar?
Let variety be the spice of life. If its an added cap then so be it. But maybe for record it could be there for us dummies.

Also. Try not to be too condescending when writing a reply. Just because you know or think you know what others dont, dosent give you free reign to be rude. And at that point in the thread you are only repeating not enlightening.

Re: JHS Angry Charlie

Teddeeh
Back to topic at hand, arent there AC and CB models with 3 band EQ’s? I dont believe the originals had 3 band eq.

Re: JHS Angry Charlie

glasspak73
Would this work if it was added to the output of the crunch box?

Re: JHS Angry Charlie

BuGG
I just finished tracing the Angry Charlie v3 (with TMB tone stack) last night.     It's not a typical Marshall/Fender style tone stack.

I have PCBs on the way and will post the schematic shortly.

http://www.pedalpcb.com/product/angrycharles

Re: JHS Angry Charlie

mojo321
Thanks for the Schematic Bugg.   If I fail at my vero layout, I will probably order one of those PCBs........but just to verify, the VREF labels all get jumpered together, right?

Somebody is selling the JHS Angry Charlie V3 boards, already populated with everything including stomp and jacks.  It just needs the box and a power jack.  I don't know who the guy is, but he's selling them on Ebay for $65.  Did they "fall off the truck" or something?

Re: JHS Angry Charlie

mojo321
This is not easy. LOL.   I worked up the cost of ordering your PCB board, shipping, and all the other parts from Tayda and it comes up to about $35.  I think I'll just order your PCB!

Re: JHS Angry Charlie

Sphere80
You may also be able to fit this 3 band Baxandall in there:
http://guitar-fx-layouts.42897.x6.nabble.com/Guitar-PCB-Tone-Tweq-td41663.html