JHS Colour Box

supposedly based on the neve console, with a bandaxall eq. i know we're all not crazy about JHS stuff, but this seems to be unique, and sounds really good. here's what JHS say about it

"JHS Pedals have gone to great lengths to bring the color and character of a real vintage console to your feet or desktop. They started with two gain stages in series that produce beautiful clean tones but that can also destroy any signal into a beautiful fuzzy mess, full of rich harmonics and body with over 39db of gain on tap. The local feedback of each gain stage makes for a very unique type of distortion. The same topology and discrete gain stage found in the Neve* 1073 was used, but there are two gain stages in series instead of one.  A high quality Lundahl transformer is used that adds weight, heft, and a 3D quality just like preamps that you will find costing much more. The transformer fattens the lows, adds harmonic complexity and richness to the midrange (kinda like stirring flour into your drippings to give you gravy) as well as smoothing and rounding of the high frequencies. It also blocks all DC voltages, adds electrical isolation, and blocks RF frequencies ensuring super quiet operation and noise floor."

i'm looking for a schematic, but haven't seen one yet. what do you guys think?

Re: JHS Colour Box

Silver Blues
I saw the PGS demo for that. The clean tone is nice and the overdrive tone is pretty cool but IMO the fuzz tone is shit. The idea is neat though, Neve console is a piece of history.

Re: JHS Colour Box

Kinski

Re: JHS Colour Box

boratto
man it deserves a stereo version... imagine summing mixes on that!

Re: JHS Colour Box

wow, that was fast to get a gut shot.

got to agree the the fuzz on this is pretty blah, but the rest of it i think is really nice. plus if it's really based on the neve console, it's pretty amazing to think you could have similar power in a similar pedal.

completely off topic, everyone should check out the documentary Sound City by Dave Grohl, it's all about the studio Sound City that had a neve. incredible to hear the stories about the studio, but even more amazing is it's really all about the neve, and Dave Grohl's love and admiration for it since it made Nirvana.

Re: JHS Colour Box

Geiri
I've listened to a few demos and man, this thing sounds BAD! I think it's a terrible idea
www.pedalprojects.com
www.facebook.com/pedalprojects